Physiotherapy for Horse Riders
Physiotherapy for you as a rider can be viewed as routine maintenance or a therapy for a specific condition or issue that you are experiencing.
Riding Injuries/Sports Injuries including:
- Muscle strains/tears
- Joint sprains and strains resulting in pain/swelling/stiffness
- Tendon injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Back, neck and pelvic discomfort
- Rehabilitation after fractures/falls
- Compensatory postural problems due to altered movement patterns due to pain
- Manipulation & Mobilisation of Soft Tissues and Joints
- Myofascial Release, Reflex Inhibition and Trigger Point Therapy
- Massage and Lymphatic Drainage
- Therapeutic Sports Taping
- Advice on Therapeutic Exercises to Assist in Rehabilitation
- Electrotherapy modalities such as: Laser, Ultrasound, H-Wave
Muscle Stimulation, and Transcutaneous Nerve Stimulation (TNS)
Horse riders are assessed and treated in the Holmer Green Clinic.
A mounted Rider Assessment can also be performed at your yard and provides useful information on your actual riding posture. A Rider Assessment allows us to determine exactly which areas of your body need to be addressed through physiotherapy and exercise. A physiotherapy assessment of the horse can also be performed at the same time if required.